Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Return of G-Dad


Needless to say, Aiden Cole was happy to see his G-Dad this morning.

After a five day trip to San Antonio with Uncle Spanky, G-Dad returned late last night. At first, baby ignored the sound of his voice (perhaps he was... mad? giving G the cold shoulder?) Yet during a particularly fussy moment, when nothing could persuade Aiden to relax, G-Dad pulled out the magic shoulder. Baby was quiet, but still wide awake. In an effort to lull him to sleep, I took over but OH NO. Aiden would have none of that! He immediately began crying- "I want my Ggggg-Daaaad" (this is what I think he would say if he could speak). So the old man gladly took over, and I'll be darned but Aiden Cole hushed the minute he perched on the Magic Shoulder.

I had a brief moment of feeling inadequate, followed by the freedom to internet and eat a snack, which made me thankful that someone possessed the ability to soothe the baby besides me.

G-Dad pulled out the 'big guns' or the Pink Floyd baby lullaby cd, and within ten minutes, baby was sound asleep. In fact, he did not even stir as we put him down for a late morning nap.

We missed our G-Dad. May he not go away for a very long time!

No comments: