This morning, Mommy and I turned on Wimbledon when we were cuddling in bed... yet somehow, Rafa Nadal and Rodger Federer were still playing after 2 pm. What is a rain delay?
I witnessed some amazing tennis; Nadal and Federer played the longest five set match in Wimbledon history and Nadal is the first man to win both the French Open and Wimbledon since Bjorn Borg in 1980. Wow. That is a long time!
Mommy and Gram teared up when Nadal climbed into the stands to hug his mom- it was so touching. I promise to hug mommy after I win my very first tennis game. Or T-Ball game- whichever comes first!
This has been quite the weekend of sports: the Williams sisters in the women's final, Rafa breaking Federer's 5 year Wimbledon streak, and Red Sox at Yankee Stadium in a four game series... gosh, mom, what will we do next week?
No comments:
Post a Comment